Program Manager – Capacity Management – YouTube: Google – San Bruno, CA2018 – Present
- Served as a Program Manager overseeing data center infrastructure projects throughout the lifecycle of a program and was lead machine planner for YouTube Resource Management forecasting compute and storage footprints globally.
- Formulated and drove cross functional projects working with site reliability engineering and supply chain to rebalance regional footprints lowering overall redundancy cost by $2.7MM.
- Grew the YouTube fleet while maintaining focus on overall utilization and target infrastructure budgets.
- Projected and planned YouTube’s data center to data center network capacity considering upcoming launches and efficiency programs.
- Created new processes detailing YouTube’s data center infrastructure deployment and decommission strategy contributing to a leaner global fleet while increasing overall utilization.
- Removed 2M CPU and 16 PB RAM from the fleet reducing OPEX spend by $100MM as the result of effective implementation of decommission and downgrade programs.
- Forecasted data center power footprints and represented YouTube in cross functional meetings resulting in 100 MW of additional power capacity in strategic metros while increasing global power utilization.
- Envisioned and applied a rebalance of YouTube’s data center footprints turning down eight locations leading to less management overhead and an OPEX savings of $25MM.
Cloud Transformation & Migration Consultant: Accenture – San Francisco, CA2015 – 2018
- Served as a Cloud Transformation & Migration Consultant collaborating with clients to plan consolidation and migration programs through ardent leadership and subject matter expertise during the delivery process.
- Supervised the overall planning process for 45,000+ application-instance relationships to determine application and infrastructure requirements aligning technical and business constraints.
- Proactively worked with 300+ application teams globally to coordinate and plan for upcoming migration events.
- Managed programs and developed dynamic, long-lasting working relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
- Rendered expertise as a delivery executive for 1MM+ engagements throughout all phases of data center and cloud migration programs, including discovery, high-level planning, detailed planning, and implementation.
- Headed the discovery phase by identifying client sources of record and directing a team to inventory 1,000+ applications as well as 30,000+ operating system instances across multiple data centers.
Infrastructure Consulting Analyst: Accenture – San Francisco, CA2012 – 2015
- Delivered effective assistance and support in large scale data center migrations by collecting the client inventory, aggregating data, and establishing meaningful metrics to display progress and highlight issues for program leadership.
- Developed detailed migration plans and designed target infrastructure footprints to ensure applications were ready for migration to new platforms.
- Communicated and collaborated with clients to create key performance indicators showcasing program progress.
- Led data center migration inventory accounting for 500+ applications and 2000+ operating system instances.
- Developed and mapped over 4,500 application-instance relationships for migration in line with input from the business.
- Conducted planning review meetings with 100+ application owners to identify migration activities and timelines for cutover events.
Marist College – Poughkeepsie, NY – Bachelor of Science in Information Technology & Systems
Skills, Certifications & Interest
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+
For the complete version of Jack's resumé you can download it by clicking the link, Jack Hake's Resumé.