Google - Mountain View, CAJanuary 2018 - Present
Program Manager, Capacity Management, YouTube
Identified opportunities within the fleet to decommission or transfer capacity. Managed datacenter cluster migrations and consolidations lowering overall operational expense and increasing utilization. Forecasted and ordered machines for a global footprint.
- Decommissioned or consolidated a global footprint of 750,000 CPU, 1.7 PB RAM, and 1 EB of disk contributing to an annualized savings of 80MM for the business.
- Forecast power, compute, and storage demand globally working with supply chain and finance to ensure demand can be met.
- Represent YouTube in cross business area meetings advocating for new infrastructure products, higher machine build throughput, and shorter infrastructure delivery windows.
Accenture - San Francisco, CAApril 2015 - January 2018
Cloud Transformation & Migration Consultant
Responsible for managing client objectives by providing leadership and subject matter expertise during the delivery process, delivering engagements on time, and building the client relationship.
- Delivery executive for 1MM+ engagements throughout all phases of datacenter and cloud migrations including discovery, high level planning, detailed planning, and execution.
- Lead the discovery phase by identifying client sources of record and managing a team of 4 to inventory 1,000+ applications, and 30,000+ operating system instances across multiple datacenters.
- Oversee migration planning process for 45,000+ application-instance relationships to determine application and infrastructure requirements based on technical and business constraints.
- Work with 300+ application teams globally to coordinate and plan for upcoming migration events.
- Provide project management during migration execution accounting for 12,000+ activities.
Accenture - San Francisco, CAJuly 2012 - April 2015
Infrastructure Consulting Analyst
Assisted in large scale datacenter migrations by collecting client inventory, aggregating data, and creating meaningful metrics to showcase progress and highlight issues for program leadership.
- Owned datacenter migration inventory accounting for 500+ applications, and 2000+ operating system instances.
- Worked with clients to identify and create 15 key performance indicators showcasing progress across various business units throughout key stages of the migration program.
- Planned 4500+ application-instance relationships for migration based on input from the business.
- Conducted detailed planning review meetings with 100+ application owners to identify migration activities and timelines for cutover events.