Google - Mountain View, CAJanuary 2018 - Present
Program Manager, Capacity Management, YouTube
Resource demand and infrastructure planner for YouTube’s global datacenter footprint. Responsible for growing the YouTube fleet while identifying opportunities to lower infrastructure cost.
- Led decommission and downgrade programs removing 1.5M CPU and 16PB RAM from the fleet increasing efficiency and reducing OPEX spend by 15MM.
- Forecasted and negotiated datacenter power requirements in cross functional meetings resulting in 80MW of additional power in strategic metros while increasing global power utilization.
- Planned and executed a rebalance of YouTube’s datacenter footprints turning down 8 locations leading to less management overhead and an OPEX savings of 25MM.
- Formulated and drove new processes detailing YouTube’s datacenter infrastructure deployment and decommission methodologies contributing to a leaner global fleet reducing overall OPEX on idle inventory.
Accenture - San Francisco, CAApril 2015 - January 2018
Cloud Transformation & Migration Consultant
Responsible for managing client objectives by providing leadership and subject matter expertise during the delivery process, delivering engagements on time, and building the client relationship.
- Delivery executive for 1MM+ engagements throughout all phases of datacenter and cloud migrations including discovery, high level planning, detailed planning, and execution.
- Lead the discovery phase by identifying client sources of record and managing a team of 4 to inventory 1,000+ applications, and 30,000+ operating system instances across multiple datacenters.
- Oversee migration planning process for 45,000+ application-instance relationships to determine application and infrastructure requirements based on technical and business constraints.
- Work with 300+ application teams globally to coordinate and plan for upcoming migration events.
- Provide project management during migration execution accounting for 12,000+ activities.
Accenture - San Francisco, CAJuly 2012 - April 2015
Infrastructure Consulting Analyst
Assisted in large scale datacenter migrations by collecting client inventory, aggregating data, and creating meaningful metrics to showcase progress and highlight issues for program leadership.
- Owned datacenter migration inventory accounting for 500+ applications, and 2000+ operating system instances.
- Worked with clients to create key performance indictors showcasing program progress.
- Planned 4500+ application-instance relationships for migration based on input from the business.
- Conducted detailed planning review meetings with 100+ application owners to identify migration activities and timelines for cutover events.